Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back in the Saddle

Writing blog entries is a lot like writing code, and the analogy that I make for writing code is that it’s a lot like writing poetry: you can force yourself to do it, but it’s always better when it flows.

Sometimes, you just don’t feel like writing. I’ve personally noticed that I feel a lot less like writing this time of year. In fact, I feel a lot less like doing anything. Some would call it “Holiday Blues”, others might point to the lower levels of sunlight in the winter months, but at the end of the day it all means the same thing: December is one depressing month. Fortunately, December is wrapping up, the holidays are over, and the days are getting longer again.

These things in mind, I hope to post more blog entries in the near future, starting with cleaning out all those draft entries I boasted of in an earlier post. Don’t expect to see them all, though. The posts that have gone stale (e.g. those entries that are no longer germane because too much time has now elapsed) will find their way into garbage can where they belong.

Some interesting recent personal events that I may or may not blog about:

No comments: