Monday, February 06, 2006

Horrible Superbowl Performance

Am I the only one who noticed a horrible performance at the Superbowl yesterday? No, I'm not talking about the Sea Hawks, who lost to the Steelers. The disgusting display I speak of was the halftime show put on by the Rolling Stones.

Frankly, I found it a bit less entertaining than adding Exlax to the Metamucil in a Geriatric Ward, although I think the dancing and writhing displayed would be about on par with the resulting rush to the bathroom.

I was rather looking forward to seeing someone mention what an abysmal job they did, but this morning some idiot on CNN was raving about what a great performance it was. Come on, people! Am I the only one who can see that ship sailed 20 years ago? Frankly, I found it pathetic.

Comments, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Ed. I didn't see the Rolling Stones perform during the halftime show of the Superbowl. I did see four skeletons with white skin suits attempt to sing classic Stones songs. I think the clincher for me was when the skeleton in the Jagger suit held his arms in the air and had more under arm jiggle than my 92 year old grandmother! The two guitarist skeletons, Richards and that other guy, showed more enthusiam putting their underwear on in the morning! I seriously think that the four skeletons could have phoned this one in and saved the rest of us the agony of watching 60-something skeletons from rocking out. And to the fans on the field, thank you for adding money to the economy and being too dumb to realize that it wasn't worth it!

On another Superbowl note, um...it was held in Detroit, so where were all the great Motown sounds. Why would Detroit sit back and let four skeletons from the UK come in? Yes, the pregame had Eartha Franklin and Aaron "Melanoma" Neville, but what about Smokey, the Four Tops, the Supremes, and Stevie Wonder?

Anonymous said...

HI Ed, appreciate your post about the game. I gave up watching the Super Bowl years ago. The play by play commercials were boring as the game. As for the half time show, Mick Jagger gee is he still alive, Dayan Perry put a good wrap on the performance and I quote "Mick Jagger dances as he always does, and that style of dancing looks like he's waving flares to direct a plane onto the tarmac while taking a Tae-Bo class." Well all I can say is that he must have come cheap for them to put that guy back on stage.

Anonymous said...

Here's what was best about the game, the half-time entertainment, and the commercials: I missed 'em all! I figured the high point of all super bowls had to the "costume failure" event, and even if they had repeated it this year, I really didn't want to witness that on Mick Jagger! (How awful it must be to be a public person and have people write such nasty things about you, all for a cheap laugh!)