Thursday, October 06, 2005

Reflection

Chantay and I celebrate our 6th Wedding Anniversary this Saturday (October 8th), so for me this is a bit of a time for reflection. I dug through my computer, and found some pictures from our Wedding. For example, here's Chantay signing her life away (haha sucker!):



As if that weren't scary enough, she had to get slobbered on by this dorky dude below. Hey, wait! That's me!




And finally, a quick group shot with the kids along with my brother's wife and my nephew:




This was followed up by a fine dining experience at Carl's Junior (a fast-food place). I guess you could say I managed her expectations right from the start.

Back to reflection. The fact that we've been married for 6 years now is really quite an accomplishment given how much the odds were against us in the beginning. If there's a statistical category of people whose marriages don't last that we didn't fit into, I'm not aware of it.

Six years has gone by awfully quickly until I consider what we've done during that time:
  • She managed to start from scratch and get both an Associates and a Bachelors degree. I went from a lone semester of college to a Masters Degree.
  • We've lived in 5 states
  • We've visited 18 foreign countries
  • She's taken 7 cruises, I've taken 6
  • We've owned two travel trailers
  • We've had 9 vehicles
  • We both became certified SCUBA divers
... and the list goes on and on. But most of all, she's been the best friend that I've ever known. I realize that a lot of people pay lip service to that, but to know true friendship is rare. We can talk to each other, and even though it's been nearly 7 years since the first time I saw her, my heart still skips a beat when I look at her.

I have a little something I've been working on as an Anniversary surprise. I can't post the details now (I don't want to let the secret out), but I'll put something together after Saturday, including pictures.

And now I'm off for another great adventure in laundry folding...

No comments: