Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Stinky People and Their Stinky Perfume

What is it with women pouring on gallons of cheap, pungent perfume? Nothing makes me madder than touching an elevator call button, or perhaps a doorknob, and then having to spend the day reeking like some floozy who didn’t have the sense to realize excessive amounts of the K-mart special are not appropriate at work!

You may have guessed that I had a run in with one such musk trail today. That guess would be correct.

Have you ever noticed that the more offensive a perfume is, the harder it is to wash off? I don’t understand how I can scrub my hands until the skin comes off, yet the spot that came in contact with said funk continues to smell like a Bordello. Frankly, I think I'd prefer some good old-fashioned body odor.

Ladies: if you can’t respect yourselves, at least have respect for the other people in the office! Lay off the perfume. If you leave a trail, it’s too much!

1 comment:

Kannafoot said...

You just described my work experience every Tuesday afternoon. We have a weekly team meeting in the same conference room every Tuesday. There is one person in a meeting right before ours that must sample every perfume she can find. I can only imagine what I smell like after my meeting. I actually get there early to make sure I have my choice of chairs. I'd hate to actually end up in the one she had before me! I'd have to burn my clothes.

On a separate note, I noticed that you've acquired some comment spammers. Blogger recently implemented "word verification" for comments. You can turn that on from your settings panel in the comments tab. It completely eliminates the spammers.