Thursday, January 12, 2006

Creepy

Few would argue that I have a pretty unusual name. First, the way my last name is spelled quite uncommon -- so uncommon, in fact, that it has been the cause of frequent confusion in the past. That unusualness is compounded by the fact that my full first name is actually Edison.

Every once in a while I Google myself just to see what comes up. The results change from time to time, which I suppose is not too surprising. What was a little surprising was what came up today. The first page that comes up if you search Google for Edison Mooers is this page. You'll notice that I have the exact same name (even down to the middle initial) as someone listed there. (Hint: look for "Mooers, Edison L".)

Frankly, I find it a bit creepy -- particularly since my name is so uncommon. I think there's a cool short story in there somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had Googled you before and was struck by the coincidence that Edison was the father of Frederick. I even went so far as to investigate the link to see if perhaps these folks were your paternal ancestors. I concluded that they are not related to you. Did you search far enough to see the photo of that Edison Mooers as a child?